We are pleased to announce that we have partnered with two agencies in order to help bring resources directly to our guests at the CROSS Building. This is helpful on many levels. We all know that anyone experiencing homelessness may have transportation issues and find it hard to make it to another town. There is also an element of trust that is established when meeting with people in their own comfort zones. The following supports are available:
* Jessica Merrill (Division of Social Services Community Partner Support Unit (CPSU)) will be available every Wednesday 12-3pm in order to help with the following:
- ASSIST application process
- Applying for food benefits
- Long-Term Nursing Care
- Home Energy Assistance
- Referrals to pertinent partner organizations
- Employment and Training
- Overcoming general barriers
*Bernita Futch (Housing Alliance DE) will be available once a month. Friday, June 14th is the next day scheduled from 12-3pm.
- Working with housing issues.
- Helping with shelter searches.
- PSH/RRH referrals.
These resources in addition to food, showers, and laundry access will go a long way in helping so many in the community find a sense of well-being, hope, and ultimately a place to live. Thank you all for the support you have given us over these last several years. We could not do it without the community’s help!