Community Workday at Cape Region Site
18006 Coastal Hwy, Lewes, DE
January 20, 10AM – 3PM, all welcome!
Please bring cleaning supplies to help us get the shelter site ready to welcome guests as soon as possible!
Other volunteer Spots Available:
Sign up to volunteer at: Cape Region Volunteer Sign Up Calendar
- 6:30 PM – Volunteers arrive
- Intake Volunteers and Community Dinner arrive for an evening of shelter.
- 7:00 PM – Doors Open
- Persons experiencing homelessness arrive and are processed with intake and sign our boundaries sheet.
- 8:30 PM – Overnight Volunteers Arrive
- 7 AM – Guests wake up
- 8 AM (tentative time) – Guests and overnight volunteers exit facility after completing morning chores and cleanup.
- 8:30 AM – Volunteer (Reset Team) secures the building and checks for any undone chores. During the day, we will only need access to buildings for cleaning crews or upkeep, but a typical day will not involve use of the buildings.
Please see the description of volunteer positions here: Volunteer Needs
Please fill out this volunteer form online if you would like to partner with us and help us serve people in the community that are experiencing homelessness. Online Volunteer Form
We will train people on the job as they volunteer. We would love to have two overnight volunteers each night, however that is a hard position to fill. We would love for you to find a buddy to bring with you for the night!
We are completely donation based so we need your help to supply the shelter with the items needed for daily operations. Donations needs can be found here: Donation Needs